Parkinson’s Disease Social Work Program
The Mountain West Parkinson Initiative and the University of Utah Department of Neurology are pleased to offer low cost social work services. Our Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) is available for consultations and support of people with Parkinson’s and their loved ones.
Our aim is to strengthen the ability of people to participate constructively in their own and their family’s treatment and care. We help people identify, mobilize, and use their own resources to maximize this effort.
Social Work Services can help with:
- Brief and supportive counseling for families, couples, and individuals
- Adjustment to diagnosis and illness
- Grief and bereavement issues
- Family and relationship issues
- Psychosocial stressors
- Difficulties in adhering to medical treatment plans
- Legal and financial issues
- Navigation of the public services system
- Caregiver support
Anyone can access the social worker regardless of whether you are a patient at the University of Utah Movement Disorders Clinic, but you will need a referral for an appointment.
Please have your provider fax a referral to (801) 585-2746, Attn: Eva Tukuafu, LCSW
Social Work appointments will take place at the Imaging and Neurosciences Center
729 Arapeen Drive, Salt Lake City, UT 84108
Please call (801) 585-2354 for any questions about this service.